Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Miss TV

I've never been one to be really into television. When I was in high school I watched a few of the dramas (ER, Rescue Me, Third Watch, NYPD Blue, etc.), but I've never been one that had night after night where there was a show that I had to watch. I must say I'm spoiled with the internet. When I'm home I'm at my computer, unless I'm sleeping, of course.

For the first two-and-a-half years of my employment with Alabama Inter-Forest, I worked on the day shift. Our hours have changed slightly over that time, but I was always up with the sun and home mid-afternoon. On March 1st, I was asked to move to 2nd shift. I agreed - after some monetary negotiations - and started working from 3pm to 1am. Not bad hours you say? Think again. By now - nearly 2 months later - my sleeping schedule is slightly askew. As you can see, I'm writing this at roughly 3 in the morning. I sleep until almost 1pm on most days, then I'm at work at 3, and don't leave until 1am. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked, there isn't much "good" tv on at those hours. I have yet to watch an Atlanta Braves baseball game this season. I have yet to watch an NBA Playoffs game. Scratch that. I watched the Hawks debauchery on Saturday night at a local sports bar. Lord knows that by the time I get home, shower, eat, get my internet fix, and get settled into bed, it is nearly 4am. The one good thing that has come of this, I suppose, is I now know of every gimmicky fitness machine that is on the market currently. Infomercials are getting old. Quickly.

I miss good tv. I miss Family Guy, Operation Repo, sports in general, and, yes, Jersey Shore. ......Guido.... The old saying "you don't know what you got til it's gone"? Yeah, I'm feeling the full effect of that one right now. Le sigh. Perhaps one day I won't be a vampire anymore....

Love, peace, chicken grease...

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment